A groin strain is an overstretch or tearing injury to the muscles of the inner thigh or front of the hip. Groin strains make walking, lifting the knee, or moving the leg away from or toward the body difficult and painful. Groin strains can occur from overuse of the muscles, or from a sudden contraction of the muscles.
- 1 How do you relieve inner thigh pain?
- 2 Why does it hurt when I stretch my groin?
- 3 What does a pulled muscle in the inner thigh feel like?
- 4 How do you loosen tight inner thighs?
- 5 What causes inner thigh fat?
- 6 When should I worry about groin pain?
- 7 Should you stretch a strained groin?
- 8 Can a woman pull a groin muscle?
- 9 How do you treat adductor strain?
- 10 How long does it take for a pulled inner thigh muscle to heal?
- 11 What is the tendon on the inside of your thigh?
- 12 How do you tell if you pulled your adductor?
- 13 What happens if your inner thigh hurts?
How do you relieve inner thigh pain?
Treatment of inner thigh pain
- heat and ice therapy.
- lifestyle changes, such as losing weight and exercising.
- massage therapy.
Why does it hurt when I stretch my groin?
A groin strain — also known as a groin pull — is when one of the muscles of the inner thigh gets stretched, injured, or torn. A groin strain may be mild or severe. With rest and proper treatment, most groin strains heal completely and don’t cause lasting problems.
What does a pulled muscle in the inner thigh feel like?
Pain and tenderness in the groin and the inside of the thigh. Pain when you bring your legs together. Pain when you raise your knee. A popping or snapping feeling during the injury, followed by severe pain.
How do you loosen tight inner thighs?
Reclining angle bound pose
- Lie down flat on your back.
- Bend your knees and move your soles inward so that they’re touching.
- Move your knees down toward the floor so that you feel your groin muscles stretching.
- Breathe deeply and hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Repeat 3 times.
What causes inner thigh fat?
A poor posture can be the cause of fat accumulating within your inner and outer thighs. An Unhealthy Diet: Unhealthy foods are directly linked to excess weight gain. You must provide your body with enough nutrition and refrain from consuming empty calories.
When should I worry about groin pain?
Most cases of groin pain do not require medical attention. However, you should see a doctor if you experience severe, prolonged pain accompanied by fever or swelling. These symptoms may indicate a more serious condition. Your doctor will evaluate your symptoms and ask about any recent physical activity.
Should you stretch a strained groin?
Stretch gently and avoid any pain. If you have pain while doing these exercises, you should not do them. Standing groin stretch: Bend down and slide your injured leg out to your side.
Can a woman pull a groin muscle?
Most common cause of groin pain for females A “groin strain” usually refers to torn or overstretched adductor muscles, which are located on the inside of the thigh. These types of groin injuries are usually the result of overuse or overexertion and are common among physically active people.
How do you treat adductor strain?
Most adductor muscle strains respond to conservative treatment. Initial treatment includes activity modification, which may temporarily include crutches. Ice and anti-inflammatory medication are appropriate for acute muscle strains. As symptoms improve, gentle stretching and strengthening exercises are appropriate.
How long does it take for a pulled inner thigh muscle to heal?
There may be swelling or bruising in the groin area or inner thigh. If you have a bad strain, you may walk with a limp while it heals. Rest and other home care can help the muscle heal. Healing can take up to 3 weeks or more.
What is the tendon on the inside of your thigh?
Pain is felt directly over the adductor tendons, which lie in the upper, inner thigh at the groin. Some individuals may suffer from referred pain radiating down the inside of the thigh. Symptoms are aggravated by any activity which places significant load through the adductor tendons.
How do you tell if you pulled your adductor?
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS?
- Pain and tenderness in the groin and the inside of the thigh.
- Sudden onset of pain sometimes accompanied by the sensation of a pop in the inner thigh.
- Inability to continue activity after initial onset of pain.
- Pain when you bring your legs together or when you raise your knee.
What happens if your inner thigh hurts?
Experiencing pain in the inner thigh can have many causes, including a muscle strain, a hernia, and kidney stones. Home remedies can often alleviate the pain, but medical treatment may also be needed, depending on the cause.