For the majority of people, either 16 gauge or 14 gauge is a good starting point if you have only worn regular earrings. 16 gauge is a good starting point if you never wear earrings or if you have recently had them pierced and they are just healed up.
- What gauge to start stretching your ears at? A great question that you will need to know when starting to stretch your ears is what size should your first stretch be. For the majority of people, either 16 gauge or 14 gauge is a good starting point if you have only worn regular earrings.
- 1 What size do you start with when stretching your ears?
- 2 How do you stretch your ears for the first time?
- 3 When should I stretch from 12g to 10g?
- 4 Can I stretch my ears every 2 weeks?
- 5 Does stretching your ears hurt the first time?
- 6 Do you leave tapers in your ear?
- 7 How do you start stretching?
- 8 How do you get your ears gauged?
- 9 Is 0g to 00g a big jump?
- 10 What gauge is a normal earring?
- 11 How long after stretching can I wear silicone?
What size do you start with when stretching your ears?
When you start stretching your ears, you will most commonly get a 14 gauge piercing size. Once you decide on stretching you’ll then increase to a size 12 gauge (2mm) taper. If you’ve had pierced ears for some time you may find that you’ve already stretched your ears slightly.
How do you stretch your ears for the first time?
To prepare your ears for stretching, apply a warm compress to the piercing for several minutes in order to ease up the tissue and make the stretch easier. Then, wash the area, rinse well and pat dry. Once you’re ready for the stretch, apply oil around the perimeter of your piercing.
When should I stretch from 12g to 10g?
This is a good ear size chart to determine how long you should wait in between stretches: 16g to 14g – 1 month. 14g to 12g – 1 month. 12g to 10g – 1.5 months.
Can I stretch my ears every 2 weeks?
Stretching your ear too quickly can tear the skin. Only increase your jewelry by one size (2 gauge) at a time. Wait 4 to 6 weeks before increasing sizes. Wait for inflammation and pain to subside before increasing the size of your gauge.
Does stretching your ears hurt the first time?
The process of stretching your ears is uncomfortable and will cause discomfort although there are ways to minimize pain. We recommend that you stretch slowly and give your ears time to heal before going up to the next size. Moving too fast while stretching is a big driver of pain.
Do you leave tapers in your ear?
They are only for wearing in healed stretches as jewelry because they are porous and can carry too much bacteria. In general, tapers are only recommended for wearing in smaller gauges as jewelry. Large gauge tapers will pull the ear unevenly because of the heavy side of the taper.
How do you start stretching?
How to start a stretching routine
- aim for 5 to 10 minutes of dynamic stretching prior to your activity.
- do another 5 to 10 minutes of static or PNF stretching after your workout.
How do you get your ears gauged?
If you’ve always wanted to stretch your ears to accommodate gauges, you can do so from the comfort of your home. Just get your ears pierced at a local studio, then use professional tools like tapers and surgical tape to stretch the holes out over time.
Is 0g to 00g a big jump?
The half size between 0g and 00g is 9mm and is occasionally called 00g. Forcing a stretch too big or too soon will result in a ripped ear lobe. Even if the lobe is not visibly bleeding, micro-tears on the inside of the lobe occur.
What gauge is a normal earring?
Generally, “standard” earrings fall within the 20 to 16 gauge range. However, only a professional piercer or jeweler will be able to identify your gauge size with certainty.
How long after stretching can I wear silicone?
Stretch with surgical stainless steel or glass, then insert silicone tunnels when the stretch is fully healed. Healing after a stretch usually takes one to two weeks. Never insert jewelry into your body that another person has worn, no matter how well you know the person or how clean the jewelry seems.