Before you move on to the next stretch, it’s best to wait for at least a month between stretches but ideally you should wait for 6-8 weeks. The main rule here is the longer you wait between the stretches, the healthier your lobes will remain and the more viable they will be for the bigger gauges.
How long should I wait between ear stretches?
- Basically, you need to give your lobes enough time to heal completely and loosen up a bit before the next stretch. Most professionals recommend you wait at least a month between stretches. At larger sizes, you should wait at least two or three months, since the jump between sizes get bigger as
- 1 How long do I wait to stretch my ear again?
- 2 How long should I wait between lobe stretches?
- 3 Can I stretch my ears every 2 weeks?
- 4 How often should you stretch ears?
- 5 How do you fix a blowout earlobe?
- 6 What should I know before stretching my ears?
- 7 Can you stretch small earlobes?
- 8 What size gauge is between 0 and 00?
- 9 How long after stretching can I wear silicone?
- 10 Can you wear tapers as gauges?
- 11 Why do people like stretched earlobes?
- 12 Why can’t you use Vaseline to stretch your ears?
How long do I wait to stretch my ear again?
It is recommended that you wait at least 6 weeks in between stretches. This will give your earlobes time to heal up and become a little loose. However, we recommend that you wait 2-6 months between each stretch.
How long should I wait between lobe stretches?
Massage your earlobes at least once a day with coconut oil, jojoba oil, or another safe oil to keep it moisturized and promote healing. Wait at least 6 weeks between gauges, but keep an eye on your piercing.
Can I stretch my ears every 2 weeks?
You should never attempt a new stretch again though until your ears are completely healed from the previous one; one to two months is a good rule of thumb. Many people find this waiting period to be annoying as they want to be at ‘x’ gauge as soon as possible.
How often should you stretch ears?
Stretching your ears can take months or years, depending on how large you want them to be. During this time, your ear will be sensitive. However, they should never be painful or stressed. A good rule of thumb is to go up one gauge size every four to six weeks.
How do you fix a blowout earlobe?
- Downsize your gauge. If you’re starting to develop a blowout, drop down to a smaller size of jewelry.
- Rinse with a saline solution. You can clean your blowout three times a day by dunking your earlobe in a cup filled with a saline solution.
- Surgery and other removal techniques.
What should I know before stretching my ears?
9 Things To Know If You Get Your Ears Gauged
- Your Earlobe Holes May Never Get Back To “Normal”
- You Can Repair Gauged Earlobes.
- You Should Wait Eight To 10 Weeks Between Stretches.
- Tears Can Cause Scar Tissue.
- Pain While Stretching Probably Means You’re Damaging The Tissue.
Can you stretch small earlobes?
Many people wonder to what size they can stretch. This depends on the person. When there is less than 2 mm between the inner edge of your piercing hole and the outer edge of your earlobe is it not advisable stretch any further. This is too risky and may cause you tear your earlobe or get a blow out.
What size gauge is between 0 and 00?
To avoid damaging the ear lobe, it is necessary to use “half sizes” to keep the stretches at one millimeter increments. The half size between 2g and 0g is 7mm, also known as 1g. The half size between 0g and 00g is 9mm and is occasionally called 00g.
How long after stretching can I wear silicone?
Stretch with surgical stainless steel or glass, then insert silicone tunnels when the stretch is fully healed. Healing after a stretch usually takes one to two weeks. Never insert jewelry into your body that another person has worn, no matter how well you know the person or how clean the jewelry seems.
Can you wear tapers as gauges?
They are only for wearing in healed stretches as jewelry because they are porous and can carry too much bacteria. In general, tapers are only recommended for wearing in smaller gauges as jewelry. Large gauge tapers will pull the ear unevenly because of the heavy side of the taper.
Why do people like stretched earlobes?
“It is a slightly more committed body art than temporary practices or ear piercing. The more you stretch the skin, the more commitment you are expressing to a counter cultural look.”
Why can’t you use Vaseline to stretch your ears?
Why is it not recommended to use Vaseline? Vaseline is very thick. It will not allow your ears to breathe properly and there is the potential for a buildup of bacteria. Just make sure you clean your tapers and your ears on a daily basis so you don’t get an infection.