To prepare your ears for stretching, apply a warm compress to the piercing for several minutes in order to ease up the tissue and make the stretch easier. Then, wash the area, rinse well and pat dry. Once you’re ready for the stretch, apply oil around the perimeter of your piercing.
How long before you can stretch your ears?
- Generally its best to wait at least 2 months before you stretch, some people think you should wait even longer. Anyway, once you have a fully healed standard earring piercing, then you can start to stretch it. The best way to stretch your ears is patiently and gently. Different people have different ways of stretching.
- 1 What size do you start stretching your ears?
- 2 Can I stretch my ears by myself?
- 3 How long does it take to stretch ears?
- 4 When should I start stretching my earlobes?
- 5 Can I stretch my ears every 2 weeks?
- 6 What size gauges go back to normal?
- 7 Do you leave tapers in your ear?
- 8 Does stretching your ears hurt the first time?
- 9 Is ear stretching painful?
- 10 Why can’t you use Vaseline to stretch your ears?
- 11 Are stretched ears still popular 2020?
- 12 How do you get your ears gauged?
- 13 How can I stretch my ears without tapers?
What size do you start stretching your ears?
A great question that you will need to know when starting to stretch your ears is what size should your first stretch be. For the majority of people, either 16 gauge or 14 gauge is a good starting point if you have only worn regular earrings.
Can I stretch my ears by myself?
You can use jojoba oil, vitamin e oil, or any other lubricant oil. Put the lubricant on the taper and your earlobe and then slowly put the taper in. You should do this slowly and it shouldn’t be painful. You don’t need to rush through this process, but your ear should stretch pretty easily.
How long does it take to stretch ears?
Stretching your ears can take months or years, depending on how large you want them to be. During this time, your ear will be sensitive. However, they should never be painful or stressed. A good rule of thumb is to go up one gauge size every four to six weeks.
When should I start stretching my earlobes?
Ear stretching can be done as soon as you want. The only real condition is that you need to have a completely healed piercing before you start. It’s best to wait up to 6 months (sometimes longer) to make sure it’s fully healed and you’ll be able to stretch evenly.
Can I stretch my ears every 2 weeks?
You should never attempt a new stretch again though until your ears are completely healed from the previous one; one to two months is a good rule of thumb. Many people find this waiting period to be annoying as they want to be at ‘x’ gauge as soon as possible.
What size gauges go back to normal?
Most people can go between 2g (6mm) – 00g (10mm) and expect their ears to revert back to a normal piercing, after a few months of healing. If you want don’t want stretched ears forever, be sure to stretch slowly and never skip sizes.
Do you leave tapers in your ear?
They are only for wearing in healed stretches as jewelry because they are porous and can carry too much bacteria. In general, tapers are only recommended for wearing in smaller gauges as jewelry. Large gauge tapers will pull the ear unevenly because of the heavy side of the taper.
Does stretching your ears hurt the first time?
The process of stretching your ears is uncomfortable and will cause discomfort although there are ways to minimize pain. We recommend that you stretch slowly and give your ears time to heal before going up to the next size. Moving too fast while stretching is a big driver of pain.
Is ear stretching painful?
Stretching your ear safely shouldn’t cause sharp pain or bleeding. These are signs that you’re trying to stretch your ears too quickly.
Why can’t you use Vaseline to stretch your ears?
Why is it not recommended to use Vaseline? Vaseline is very thick. It will not allow your ears to breathe properly and there is the potential for a buildup of bacteria. Just make sure you clean your tapers and your ears on a daily basis so you don’t get an infection.
Are stretched ears still popular 2020?
Body modifications like stretched ears were rarely seen (except in traditional tribes). In the Western culture they were mostly seen in groups like punks or goths. Nowadays it continues to be on the rise.
How do you get your ears gauged?
If you’ve always wanted to stretch your ears to accommodate gauges, you can do so from the comfort of your home. Just get your ears pierced at a local studio, then use professional tools like tapers and surgical tape to stretch the holes out over time.
How can I stretch my ears without tapers?
How to Stretch Ears Without Tapers
- 1 Wearing Heavier Plugs to Make Ears Bigger.
- 2 Adding Larger Jewelry to Stretch Your Gauge.
- 3 Adding PTFE Tape to Your Current Plugs.