Clean with a clean cotton pad or swab dipped in salt solution. You can make this solution by mixing 1 teaspoon of salt in a cup of warm water. Use this around the pierced area a few times a day to remove any bacteria. Dab (don’t wipe) the piercing.
- Here are some tips to care for your ears during the stretching process and after you’ve finally reached your desired gauge: Wash your piercing at least twice a day with warm water and chemical-free soap. Soak your earlobes at least twice a day in warm, clean water with about 1/4 tsp of salt for every 1 cup of water.
- 1 Should I clean newly stretched ears?
- 2 How do you properly clean your gauged ears?
- 3 How long should I leave my plugs in after stretching?
- 4 Is it normal for gauges to bleed after stretching?
- 5 Should I take my gauges out to shower?
- 6 Can you clean stretched ears with alcohol?
- 7 How do you take care of newly gauged ears?
- 8 How long do stretched ears take to heal?
- 9 Why shouldn’t you wear tapers as jewelry?
- 10 Can you put plugs in right after tapers?
- 11 Is it OK to leave tapers in your ears?
- 12 What size gauges go back to normal?
- 13 Are stretched ears still popular 2020?
- 14 Why do gauges smell?
- 15 Why are my gauges crusty?
Should I clean newly stretched ears?
If you get any type of injury or tearing, it’s time to start treating your stretched earlobes like a new piercing. This means you need to clean them on a daily basis. Daily soaking with a sterile saline wash for at least 10 minutes will help avoid infections and scarring.
How do you properly clean your gauged ears?
Wash your ear gauges with antibacterial soap no more than one to two times per day. Wash your hands thoroughly. Just to moist the pierced area, you can even use some antibacterial ointment (recommended by your piercing artist) and do a little massage around the the rim of the gauge.
How long should I leave my plugs in after stretching?
Before you move on to the next stretch, it’s best to wait for at least a month between stretches but ideally you should wait for 6-8 weeks.
Is it normal for gauges to bleed after stretching?
Stretching your ear safely shouldn’t cause sharp pain or bleeding. These are signs that you’re trying to stretch your ears too quickly.
Should I take my gauges out to shower?
Maintaining Ear Gauges. Remove your jewelry when you shower. Once your piercings are fully healed (after 12 weeks), you should remove your jewelry when you shower. This is the most effective way to clean both your piercings and your jewelry.
Can you clean stretched ears with alcohol?
Above all: avoid using harsh chemicals on your ears (like rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide) to clean them. After stretching, you may experience slight soreness or tingling, but any bleeding or significant pain should be dealt with immediately by removing your plugs and downsizing to your previous size.
How do you take care of newly gauged ears?
How to care for your ears during and after stretching
- Wash your piercing at least twice a day with warm water and chemical-free soap.
- Soak your earlobes at least twice a day in warm, clean water with about 1/4 tsp of salt for every 1 cup of water.
How long do stretched ears take to heal?
Give your ears at least 4 to 6 weeks to heal in between stretching. Yes, 4 to 6 weeks is a long time to wait for something, but patience really is a virtue in this case. You risk damaging the only ears you have if you go too fast! The tissue needs time to heal and regain the elasticity needed to keep stretching.
Why shouldn’t you wear tapers as jewelry?
Why shouldn’t I wear tapers as every day ear jewelry? Most tapers are designed to be used as ear stretching tools, not as pieces to be worn on a regular basis. Doing so can easily put uneven pressure on your healing ears, leading to unnecessary damage.
Can you put plugs in right after tapers?
To stretch with tapers, the first thing you need to do is wash your hands and anything going in your ear lobe. You don’t need to rush through this process, but your ear should stretch pretty easily. 4. Once you have the taper through, you’ll put the plug in right after.
Is it OK to leave tapers in your ears?
Acrylic is not safe to wear in a fresh stretch so be sure to transfer to steel or glass plugs. Stone tapers are not to be used for stretching at all. They are only for wearing in healed stretches as jewelry because they are porous and can carry too much bacteria.
What size gauges go back to normal?
Most people can go between 2g (6mm) – 00g (10mm) and expect their ears to revert back to a normal piercing, after a few months of healing. If you want don’t want stretched ears forever, be sure to stretch slowly and never skip sizes.
Are stretched ears still popular 2020?
Body modifications like stretched ears were rarely seen (except in traditional tribes). In the Western culture they were mostly seen in groups like punks or goths. Nowadays it continues to be on the rise.
Why do gauges smell?
The reason your ear gauges smell bad is because they’re sitting in your ear. Your skin sheds almost every hour on the hour and all of those dead skin cells are left sitting on the gauge. Thus the stinky smell. To prevent this, a strict cleaning regiment is needed.
Why are my gauges crusty?
If you just had your body pierced and you start to notice a crusty material around the piercing site, don’t worry. Crusting after body piercing is perfectly normal —this is just the result of your body trying to heal itself. 1 Dead blood cells and plasma make their way to the surface and then dry when exposed to air.