Which is the best way to fold socks?
- Lay both socks on top of each other on a flat surface. Fold the heel of the socks up. Starting at the toe, fold the bottom third of the sock. Continue folding in thirds until you reach the top of the sock. Tip: You may find it easier to fold short socks in half rather than in thirds.
Should you ball your socks?
Never bundle socks into a ball, as this can damage the fibres and make the drawer look messy. There are several ways in which you can fold. One popular method is to lay the socks out flat, placing one on top of the other.
How does Marie Kondo fold ankle socks?
- Lay socks flat as a pair, one sock on top of the other.
- Fold the toe inward about an inch from the top.
- Fold in to the center.
- Fold in half so it stands upright.
Why do my socks stretch out?
These socks may have been stretched out due to being too small for your feet, are old, or washed too much. These socks may be older socks you’ve had for years that were made before modern techniques were used to help socks stay up better.
Does rolling your socks stretch them out?
The Roll Method This method is quick, but the socks don’t stay together as well as in some other methods. It does, however, keep your sock cuffs from getting stretched out. Roll the socks from the toes up.
How do Japanese fold socks?
Here is a way how to fold your socks Japanese style:
- Lay the socks flat on top of the other.
- Begin by folding the toe inward an inch away from the top.
- Fold in towards the center.
- Lastly, fold it in half so that it remains upright.
How do you fold long socks?
First, you lay the socks on top of each other perpendicularly, forming a cross shape. Then, you flip the bottom sock over the top, tucking in the toe. And then the top over the bottom. Lastly, you tuck the tops of the two socks in between the folds, and voilà a perfect square!