Massage your earlobe to get the skin warmed up and stretched out. You can also take a hot bath or shower so blood flow to the ear is increased. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
How to reduce swelling after getting an ear piercing?
- 1. Wrap an ice pack in a paper towel and gently apply it to the swollen area for a few minutes. Why does this work? Ice is a constricting agent and will lessen the blood flow to the area. While white blood cells are required to heal the wound, your body overcompensates and sends too much.
- 1 Is swelling normal when stretching your ears?
- 2 How do you reduce swelling after ear piercing?
- 3 How can I make my gauges heal faster?
- 4 Why are my gauges swollen?
- 5 How do you make sizing up gauges less painful?
- 6 Does ibuprofen help with piercing swelling?
- 7 Should I take my earring out if its swelling?
- 8 How do you treat a swollen helix piercing?
- 9 How long do stretched ears take to close?
- 10 How long do ear blowouts last?
- 11 How big can you stretch your ears before its irreversible?
- 12 How long does ear swelling last?
- 13 What size gauge will shrink back?
- 14 How do I reduce swelling?
Is swelling normal when stretching your ears?
You shouldn’t see too much redness or swelling during the ear stretching process. If you do, you may have torn or damaged your ear skin. Make sure to follow your piercer’s aftercare directions. If you think you’re developing an infection, see your doctor.
How do you reduce swelling after ear piercing?
- Stop any bleeding by applying direct pressure to the piercing site.
- Apply a cold pack to help reduce swelling or bruising.
- Wash the wound for 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times a day, with large amounts of warm water.
- Elevate the piercing area, if possible, to help reduce swelling.
How can I make my gauges heal faster?
Follow the steps below and you can stop the blowout from getting worse then heal the damaged tissue with some careful maintenance and attention.
- Downsize to relieve pressure.
- Let your ear heal for 1 to 2 weeks.
- Massage your ears for 5 to 10 minutes every night.
- Be consistent.
- Tuck blowout.
- Stretch slowly: one size at a time.
Why are my gauges swollen?
Piercings A new piercing is an open wound, and swelling is part of the body’s natural reaction to any damage. Most people who get their ears pierced will notice pain and swelling for up to a week, sometimes more. People with gauges or plugs in their ears may notice swelling each time they stretch the ear.
How do you make sizing up gauges less painful?
Oil massages are the best way to maintain healthy stretched ears. They break down scar tissues that were created by the piercing or built up during the stretching process. This should only be done when there are no open wounds or irritation. You could use Emu, Vitamin E, Jojoba, or Bio oil.
Does ibuprofen help with piercing swelling?
An over-the-counter, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, etc.) taken according to package instructions can reduce discomfort, and it can also help to diminish swelling the first few days. Check twice daily with clean hands to be sure the threaded ends on your jewelry are on tight.
Should I take my earring out if its swelling?
Removing the piercing can allow the wound to close, trapping the infection within the skin. For this reason, it is advisable not to remove an earring from an infected ear unless advised by a doctor or professional piercer.
How do you treat a swollen helix piercing?
If you aren’t experiencing severe symptoms, you may be able to use the following methods to treat your cartilage bump at home.
- You may need to change your jewelry.
- Make sure you clean your piercing.
- Cleanse with a saline or sea salt soak.
- Use a chamomile compress.
- Apply diluted tea tree oil.
How long do stretched ears take to close?
Try Without Surgery First Once it fits properly, go down another size until you reach the smallest gauge. Once you reach this point, your hole should be able to close on its own. This entire process usually takes at least 2 months.
How long do ear blowouts last?
Wait until the blowout is completely gone to go up another size. This will probably take up to 3 to 4 weeks. And remember that oils and patience are the key! Make sure the next time you stretch, use ointment on your ear and the jewelry and you should be fine and back to healthy stretched ears in no time!
How big can you stretch your ears before its irreversible?
Most people can go between 2g (6mm) – 00g (10mm) and expect their ears to revert back to a normal piercing, after a few months of healing. If you want don’t want stretched ears forever, be sure to stretch slowly and never skip sizes.
How long does ear swelling last?
Sometimes a mild ear infection can clear up on its own in a couple of days. But it’s important to follow up with a healthcare professional if: the pain gets worse. the pain and swelling don’t go away after 1 to 2 days.
What size gauge will shrink back?
Most professionals in the piercing world suggest going no larger than a 0 gauge, preferably a 2 gauge, if you want your ears to shrink back to standard size. If you stop at this point, you should have no problem with your ears shrinking back.
How do I reduce swelling?
- Rest and protect a sore area.
- Elevate the injured or sore area on pillows while applying ice and any time you are sitting or lying down.
- Avoid sitting or standing without moving for prolonged periods of time.
- A low-sodium diet may help reduce swelling.