To prepare your ears for stretching, apply a warm compress to the piercing for several minutes in order to ease up the tissue and make the stretch easier. Then, wash the area, rinse well and pat dry. Once you’re ready for the stretch, apply oil around the perimeter of your piercing.
How long before you can stretch your ears?
- Generally its best to wait at least 2 months before you stretch, some people think you should wait even longer. Anyway, once you have a fully healed standard earring piercing, then you can start to stretch it. The best way to stretch your ears is patiently and gently. Different people have different ways of stretching.
- 1 What size do you start with when stretching your ears?
- 2 How long does it take to stretch ears?
- 3 Can I stretch my ears every 2 weeks?
- 4 Can you leave tapers in?
- 5 How far can you stretch your ears before its irreversible?
- 6 What size gauge should you start with?
- 7 How do you know when your ears are ready to stretch?
- 8 How can I stretch my ears without tapers?
- 9 How do you use tapers?
- 10 Should I take my gauges out to shower?
- 11 Is 0g to 00g a big jump?
- 12 Can you sleep with gauges in your ears?
What size do you start with when stretching your ears?
When you start stretching your ears, you will most commonly get a 14 gauge piercing size. Once you decide on stretching you’ll then increase to a size 12 gauge (2mm) taper. If you’ve had pierced ears for some time you may find that you’ve already stretched your ears slightly.
How long does it take to stretch ears?
Stretching your ears can take months or years, depending on how large you want them to be. During this time, your ear will be sensitive. However, they should never be painful or stressed. A good rule of thumb is to go up one gauge size every four to six weeks.
Can I stretch my ears every 2 weeks?
You should never attempt a new stretch again though until your ears are completely healed from the previous one; one to two months is a good rule of thumb. Many people find this waiting period to be annoying as they want to be at ‘x’ gauge as soon as possible.
Can you leave tapers in?
If it’s too tight, what you’ll do is tear the skin off the inside of your hole. This is painful and incredibly unpleasant and bloody. Repeat until you get the taper all the way in. Leave it for at least a couple of hours, ideally overnight.
How far can you stretch your ears before its irreversible?
Most people can go between 2g (6mm) – 00g (10mm) and expect their ears to revert back to a normal piercing, after a few months of healing. If you want don’t want stretched ears forever, be sure to stretch slowly and never skip sizes.
What size gauge should you start with?
For the majority of people, either 16 gauge or 14 gauge is a good starting point if you have only worn regular earrings. 16 gauge is a good starting point if you never wear earrings or if you have recently had them pierced and they are just healed up.
How do you know when your ears are ready to stretch?
First, apply 3-5 drops of oil to the front and back of your piercing and gently slide the stretching taper in until you experience mild discomfort. If your skin turns white around the taper, back the taper up slightly – a white ring of skin is a sign that you’re stretching too fast!
How can I stretch my ears without tapers?
How to Stretch Ears Without Tapers
- 1 Wearing Heavier Plugs to Make Ears Bigger.
- 2 Adding Larger Jewelry to Stretch Your Gauge.
- 3 Adding PTFE Tape to Your Current Plugs.
How do you use tapers?
Insert the small end of the taper into your ear from the front. Hold your ear lobe gently with one hand and steadily push the taper in with the other hand. Don’t push the taper all the way through. Stop when the large end is even with the front of your ear so you can use the taper to guide the plug into your piercing.
Should I take my gauges out to shower?
Maintaining Ear Gauges. Remove your jewelry when you shower. Once your piercings are fully healed (after 12 weeks), you should remove your jewelry when you shower. This is the most effective way to clean both your piercings and your jewelry.
Is 0g to 00g a big jump?
The half size between 0g and 00g is 9mm and is occasionally called 00g. Forcing a stretch too big or too soon will result in a ripped ear lobe. Even if the lobe is not visibly bleeding, micro-tears on the inside of the lobe occur.
Can you sleep with gauges in your ears?
It keeps the skin from drying out and cracking. I recommend you sleep with your plugs in your ears. Sleeping without them can cause irritation, dryness, and cracking.