What do you need to know about ear stretching?
- To begin your ear stretching journey, you’ll need to know all about tapers. A taper is going to help you safely stretch your ear over time. 1. To stretch with tapers, the first thing you need to do is wash your hands and anything going in your ear lobe.
- 1 How long do you leave ear stretchers in?
- 2 How painful should ear stretching be?
- 3 What size should I start stretching my ears?
- 4 What can I use to lube my ears for stretching?
- 5 Is it OK to leave tapers in your ears?
- 6 How do you stretch your ears for beginners?
- 7 How long does a ear blowout take to heal?
- 8 What size gauges go back to normal?
- 9 Does stretching your ears hurt the first time?
- 10 What’s the smallest ear gauge size?
- 11 Why do stretched ears smell?
- 12 Should I take my gauges out to shower?
- 13 When can I take my plugs out after stretching?
How long do you leave ear stretchers in?
Because of the fact that everyone’s body reacts differently, this answer varies. It is recommended that you wait at least 6 weeks in between stretches. This will give your earlobes time to heal up and become a little loose. However, we recommend that you wait 2-6 months between each stretch.
How painful should ear stretching be?
Stretching your ear safely shouldn’t cause sharp pain or bleeding. These are signs that you’re trying to stretch your ears too quickly.
What size should I start stretching my ears?
For the majority of people, either 16 gauge or 14 gauge is a good starting point if you have only worn regular earrings. 16 gauge is a good starting point if you never wear earrings or if you have recently had them pierced and they are just healed up.
What can I use to lube my ears for stretching?
Lubricant. Any kind of safe lubricant will help the taper slide through the piercing more easily. Plenty of jewelry shops sell commercial-grade lubricant, but you can also use plant-based lubricants, like coconut oil or jojoba oil.
Is it OK to leave tapers in your ears?
Why shouldn’t I wear tapers as every day ear jewelry? Most tapers are designed to be used as ear stretching tools, not as pieces to be worn on a regular basis. Doing so can easily put uneven pressure on your healing ears, leading to unnecessary damage.
How do you stretch your ears for beginners?
To prepare your ears for stretching, apply a warm compress to the piercing for several minutes in order to ease up the tissue and make the stretch easier. Then, wash the area, rinse well and pat dry. Once you’re ready for the stretch, apply oil around the perimeter of your piercing.
How long does a ear blowout take to heal?
2. Give your ears at least 4 to 6 weeks to heal in between stretching. Yes, 4 to 6 weeks is a long time to wait for something, but patience really is a virtue in this case. You risk damaging the only ears you have if you go too fast!
What size gauges go back to normal?
Most people can go between 2g (6mm) – 00g (10mm) and expect their ears to revert back to a normal piercing, after a few months of healing. If you want don’t want stretched ears forever, be sure to stretch slowly and never skip sizes.
Does stretching your ears hurt the first time?
The process of stretching your ears is uncomfortable and will cause discomfort although there are ways to minimize pain. We recommend that you stretch slowly and give your ears time to heal before going up to the next size. Moving too fast while stretching is a big driver of pain.
What’s the smallest ear gauge size?
What is the smallest size gauge? A standard ear piercing is 20g or 18g so the smallest gauge size is 20g. Gauge sizes are always even numbers and the smaller the number the bigger the earring, so from 18g the next size up would be 16g.
Why do stretched ears smell?
Why does this happen? Your body secretes a substance called sebum, sebum is an oily secretion which helps your skin keep lubricated and keep it waterproof. The sebum mixes with the dead skin cells between your ear and the jewellery to make this unpleasant odour.
Should I take my gauges out to shower?
Maintaining Ear Gauges. Remove your jewelry when you shower. Once your piercings are fully healed (after 12 weeks), you should remove your jewelry when you shower. This is the most effective way to clean both your piercings and your jewelry.
When can I take my plugs out after stretching?
How to look after your stretched ears. After you have finished your latest stretch, you should definitely do an oil massage. Ideally, you want to do it after you’ve had a nice, long shower, as this will help loosen your earlobes a bit and it will help keep more moisture in.