- Your tummy muscles stretch over your abdomen from your chest to your hips. A muscle problem can cause pain in your lower left and right abdomen, including: a hernia – when an internal part of your body pushes through a weakness in the muscle or tissue wall surrounding it.
- 1 Can you pull a muscle in lower left abdomen?
- 2 Should I be concerned about lower left abdominal pain?
- 3 Why does my lower left abdomen hurt when I exercise?
- 4 What organ is in the lower left abdomen?
- 5 Why does my lower abdomen hurts when I stretch?
- 6 What does it mean if your stomach hurts when you stretch?
- 7 What is diverticulitis pain like?
- 8 Can you feel your colon on the left side?
- 9 When should I worry about left side pain?
- 10 How do I get rid of pain in my lower left abdomen?
- 11 What organ is above your left hip?
- 12 What causes left lower abdominal pain in females?
- 13 What does pancreatic pain feel like?
- 14 Can constipation cause left side pain?
Can you pull a muscle in lower left abdomen?
A pulled abdominal muscle can make the abdomen feel sore and tender, especially during movement. If people have pulled a muscle, they may notice the following symptoms in and around the abdomen: soreness or tenderness. pain or discomfort when touching the abdomen.
Should I be concerned about lower left abdominal pain?
Pain in the lower left abdomen is often no cause for concern, but it is still not something a person should ignore. Causes of pain in the lower left abdomen may be benign, such as gas pain, or can be more serious, as in the case of an infection.
Why does my lower left abdomen hurt when I exercise?
The most common theory is that the increased blood flow in the liver and spleen during intense cardio movement causes the pain on the sides of the abdomen. Another theory suggests that pain is caused by internal organs while pulling down the diaphragm.
What organ is in the lower left abdomen?
The lower left quadrant of the abdomen contains the transverse, descending, and sigmoid sections of the colon; part of the small intestine; the ureter of the left kidney; and the iliac fossa (part of the hip bone and pelvis). The iliac fossa is a gateway to the reproductive organs in both men and women.
Why does my lower abdomen hurts when I stretch?
Abdominal strain can refer to any tear, stretch, or rupture of the abdominal muscles. That’s why abdominal strain is sometimes referred to as a pulled muscle. Abdominal strain can be caused by: sudden twisting or fast movement.
What does it mean if your stomach hurts when you stretch?
If you feel a sharp pain near your belly button that gets worse when you stretch or cough, you might have a hernia. A bulge near the belly button is the most common symptom. You may also experience pain in the area near your groin.
What is diverticulitis pain like?
The most common symptom of diverticulitis is a sharp cramp-like pain, usually on the left side of your lower abdomen. Other symptoms can include fever and chills, nausea, vomiting, and constipation or diarrhea.
Can you feel your colon on the left side?
Share on Pinterest A person may experience colon pain in a variety of locations in the body. The colon is about 5 feet long and circles the abdomen up the right side, across, and down the left side.
When should I worry about left side pain?
See your doctor or get medical help right away if you’re experiencing: sudden, severe abdominal pain. pain with fever or vomiting. signs of shock, such as cold and clammy skin, rapid breathing, lightheadedness, or weakness.
How do I get rid of pain in my lower left abdomen?
Be guided by your doctor, but there are some things you can do to help ease the pain, including:
- Place a hot water bottle or heated wheat bag on your abdomen.
- Soak in a warm bath.
- Drink plenty of clear fluids such as water.
- Reduce your intake of coffee, tea and alcohol as these can make the pain worse.
What organ is above your left hip?
Kidney stones are hard mineral deposits that form in the kidneys, located at the back side of your body above your hips. Kidney stones may cause the following symptoms: excessive urination. nausea.
What causes left lower abdominal pain in females?
Crampy pain may be due to gas, indigestion, inflammation or infection, or it may result from menstrual cramps, endometriosis, or pelvic inflammatory disease in women. Severe pain that comes in waves may be caused by kidney stones. Trauma to the body wall, hernias, and shingles can also cause left lower quadrant pain.
What does pancreatic pain feel like?
Symptoms of acute pancreatitis include: Pain in the Upper Abdomen That Radiates to Your Back. Abdominal Pain Worsens After Eating, Especially Foods High in Fat. Abdomen Is Tender to the Touch. Fever.
Can constipation cause left side pain?
Constipation Another cause of abdominal pain on the left side of the body is constipation. Constipation is usually caused by dehydration or a diet that is low in fiber. Not all constipation requires a trip to the emergency room, but in some cases, the sharp pain may warrant a visit.