- Tire stretching is when the wheels that tires are put on are wider than the tire. This results in a look where the tire sidewall is more horizontal than vertical like you would see on most tires. This results in tires that don’t sit flush with the wheel (like the picture above) and are actually pulled inwards toward the center of the vehicle.
- 1 What is the point of stretching tires?
- 2 Is tire stretching illegal?
- 3 Are wider tires better for drifting?
- 4 Can you stretch a 15 inch tire on a 16 inch rim?
- 5 What PSI should my tires be stretched at?
- 6 Is lowering your car illegal?
- 7 Are Federal tires good for stretching?
- 8 Can you stretch Nitto tires?
- 9 What is the opposite of stretched tires?
- 10 Is TYRE stretching legal in Australia?
- 11 Why do you camber wheels?
What is the point of stretching tires?
Tire stretching first started as a concept that made its way throughout the car world. As some people began to desire lower cars and lower suspension options, tire stretching came to obtain an even lower look.
Is tire stretching illegal?
It is generally frowned upon, however not illegal in most cases. Be careful with your insurance though because it has been said that some people have gotten their insurance voided or rejected because of stretched tires.
Are wider tires better for drifting?
Any size that fits your vehicle best would work. But for a premium quality drifting experience, tires that are wider in size and lower-profile are best. Drift racers need wider tires, as they promise a better grip and more surface area.
Can you stretch a 15 inch tire on a 16 inch rim?
A vehicle equipped with a 16-inch rim and tire package can be changed to a 15-inch rim and tire. The rolling distance changes if the total diameter of the tire and wheel combination is changed, and that causes the speedometer to be inaccurate.
What PSI should my tires be stretched at?
some people on this forum are idiots when it comes to fitment/stretched tires. just run 40-42 and you’ll be fine.
Is lowering your car illegal?
Lowered Vehicles Lowering a vehicle by removing leaves from the suspension is considered desirable by some, but it’s also considered illegal if lowered by more than one third of its original height.
Are Federal tires good for stretching?
Being a performance tire, the Federal SS595 has a very aggressive tread pattern. These tires also stretch really well making them perfect for more of a stance setup. If you’re searching for a tire that looks as good as it performs, the SS595 is really hard to beat.
Can you stretch Nitto tires?
Registered. they should work alright. some tires have less rigid sidewalls which makes them looked more stretched.
What is the opposite of stretched tires?
meatflush is what i have heard in the stance-related circles. you can run larger-than-stock tires, to an extent. more typical in the muscle/drag scene where more tire = more traction.
Is TYRE stretching legal in Australia?
As long as your tyres have an equivalent or higher speed and load rating than the original fitted tyres (and are approved by your technician to be suitable for the wheel), you are within the lawfully accepted means of modifying your car.
Why do you camber wheels?
Camber is used to distribute load across the entire tread. Improper camber can make the tire wear on one edge and may cause the vehicle to pull to the side that has the most positive camber. Zero camber will result in the most uniform tire wear over time, but may reduce performance during cornering.