What can you do with an ear stretching kit?
- Ear Stretching Kits Tapers Ear stretching is s type of body modification with the goal of having stretched earlobe holes thicker than traditional ear piercings. Stretching ears to insert jewelry referred to as plugs or gauges requires special ear stretching equipment.
- 1 How many MM is a 1g plug?
- 2 Can you start stretching your ears at 8g?
- 3 Can I start stretching my ears at 12g?
- 4 Do fake gauges stretch your ears?
- 5 How can I stretch my ears without tapers?
- 6 How big can you stretch your ears before its irreversible?
- 7 How long does it take for 2g gauges to close?
- 8 What size gauge will shrink back?
- 9 Can I stretch my ears every 2 weeks?
- 10 What the biggest gauge You can start with?
- 11 Is 0g to 00g a big jump?
- 12 What do ear gauges symbolize?
- 13 What is a blowout ear stretching?
- 14 Can you get your ears stretched professionally?
How many MM is a 1g plug?
All of our jewelry is marked in both gauge size and in millimeters, so you’ll know exactly what size you’re getting. We also offer a lot of in-between sizes you won’t find elsewhere, like 1g (equal to 7mm ).
Can you start stretching your ears at 8g?
Ear stretching can be done as soon as you want. The only real condition is that you need to have a completely healed piercing before you start. It’s best to wait up to 6 months (sometimes longer) to make sure it’s fully healed and you’ll be able to stretch evenly.
Can I start stretching my ears at 12g?
If your ears were pierced at 14g, you will stretch to 12g. It would be safe to start your stretching at 16g for either 18g or 20g piercings. Once you know what you size you are going to stretch to, you need to gather the right supplies to prepare for your first stretch.
Do fake gauges stretch your ears?
Do fake plugs/gauges stretch your ears? No – fake gauges / plugs do not stretch your ears. They fit into your regular piercing and give the illusion of having plugs.
How can I stretch my ears without tapers?
How to Stretch Ears Without Tapers
- 1 Wearing Heavier Plugs to Make Ears Bigger.
- 2 Adding Larger Jewelry to Stretch Your Gauge.
- 3 Adding PTFE Tape to Your Current Plugs.
How big can you stretch your ears before its irreversible?
Most people can go between 2g (6mm) – 00g (10mm) and expect their ears to revert back to a normal piercing, after a few months of healing. If you want don’t want stretched ears forever, be sure to stretch slowly and never skip sizes.
How long does it take for 2g gauges to close?
Keep in mind though that everyone’s anatomy is different, but the majority of people will be able to take their plugs out at 2 -0 gauge and your lobes will look normal after a 2 – 3 months of closing up. There are also other factors that will affect the permanency of your size.
What size gauge will shrink back?
Most professionals in the piercing world suggest going no larger than a 0 gauge, preferably a 2 gauge, if you want your ears to shrink back to standard size. If you stop at this point, you should have no problem with your ears shrinking back.
Can I stretch my ears every 2 weeks?
You should never attempt a new stretch again though until your ears are completely healed from the previous one; one to two months is a good rule of thumb. Many people find this waiting period to be annoying as they want to be at ‘x’ gauge as soon as possible.
What the biggest gauge You can start with?
Begin stretching your ear with a size 16 or 14 gauge. Ears are typically pierced using an 18 or 20 gauge, so 14 is the largest size you can start on and avoid damaging your ears. Starting at any larger than this size puts your ear at-risk of tearing.
Is 0g to 00g a big jump?
The half size between 0g and 00g is 9mm and is occasionally called 00g. Forcing a stretch too big or too soon will result in a ripped ear lobe. Even if the lobe is not visibly bleeding, micro-tears on the inside of the lobe occur.
What do ear gauges symbolize?
History has shown us that ear stretching was initially used to show that an individual belonged to a group or a tribe. It was accepted by the group and they were marked as being “one of us”. When someone did not have stretched ears they were considered to be an outsider or someone who did not belong to the tribe.
What is a blowout ear stretching?
A blowout is one of the most common complications of ear gauging. It’s a ring of scar tissue that forms behind the jewelry and gives the piercing the appearance of turning inside out. Blowouts usually occur from trying to stretch the hole too quickly.
Can you get your ears stretched professionally?
Ear gauging, also known as ear stretching, is a process where the ear is gradually stretched out for the purpose of wearing larger piercings. If you want to stretch your ear lobes, the best advice is to have a professional do it. This ensures that the gauges turn out the way you want them.